Wedding Dress Trends for 2016
There’s no question that wedding dress trends change with the seasons, but brides all over love Morilee wedding dresses by Madeline Gardner because their collections feature both trendy and classic style gowns to choose from.
The newest collections hitting their inventory this year have many newly engaged ladies excited to try them on at their local wedding gown boutique. If you’re a soon to be bride and you like the timeless appeal of Morilee wedding dresses, check out these 10 trends that are popping up in the designs of their latest wedding gowns and formal prom dresses for 2015.
- Deep V- This year necklines are plunging lower than they ever have to provide brides with a subtle way to show off a little cleavage while keeping the rest of the dress conservative.
- Long Sleeves – Gowns with long sleeves and bridal boleros are all the rage this year. A long sleeve wedding dress covers up just the right amount of skin for brides who will be tying the knot in a church setting.
- Feathers – A few of Morilee’s 2015 wedding gowns feature feather embellishments making them the perfect choice for brides who want to show off their wild side as they walk down the aisle.
- High Necklines – While plunging necklines are in this year, higher ones are also making a comeback. If you like showing a little skin but want to maintain a little modesty on your wedding day, you might want to opt for a dress with an illusion top.
- Cutouts and Key Holes – Peekaboo designs are incredibly in style this year in not only wedding gowns but prom dresses as well. Some dresses feature an entire empty back while others have a few little trendy cutouts here and there. Keep in mind that you’ll need to make sure you have a bra sewn into your dress or get yourself an adhesive no-show bra if you choose this style.
- Lasercut Lace – Lace has long been a staple wedding dress material preferred by many brides, but Morilee’s latest designs step up the trend with lasercut lace. It differs from traditional lace because the fabric is more intricate and detailed.
- Metallics – A new trend that has been showing up on the runway and at stores such as the Kansas City bridal shop known to locals as ‘Stephanie’s Bridal Boutique’ are gowns made out of metallic material or embellished with shimmery gold, silver or champagne accents.
- Corsets Corset bodices are one of the hottest wedding dress trends of 2015 and brides prefer them because they cinch their waists for a slim figure. They also provide a way for brides to easily adjust their gown if their weight happens to fluctuate before the big day.
- Skinny Straps If you’re a bride who wants to show her back and shoulders without wearing a strapless gown, you’ll love Morilee’s styles which feature skinny straps.
- Sheer Skirts – Another top wedding dress trend for this year are sheer overlays.